Judging and Winning Tips
Two $500 PRIZES: Most Popular and Grand Prize
1st Prize $300, 2nd Prize $200, and 3rd Prize $100 will be awarded in each category.
- A $500 prize will be given to the photo most popular with Facebook "likes" and;
- A $500 grand prize will be chosen by a panel of judges
Total of 26 cash prizes!
Make sure your camera or phone is set to the highest resolution possible.
The minimum width in pixels required is now 3000, for photo submissions.
(Photos shot portrait, rotated to landscape will be rejected after submission.)
Our pets and livestock have always been part of the Fields-of-Corn photo contest, but they've earned their own categories for 2020!
New! Farm Pets - Dogs, cats or whatever your pet might be.
New! Livestock - Let's celebrate corn's #1 customer with love..
Corn - Pictures of the mature yellow ears of corn focusing most upon the golden corn kernels.
Growing Field Corn - All stages of growth from planting to harvesting field corn.
The Farm Family Lifestyle - Examples of life on the farm: Generational, Working, Playing, Children, and Family Meals
Scenery/Landscapes – Examples: Cornfield, Farmland, Livestock, Wildlife, Sunrise and Sunset, Blue Skies, Rainbows, Clouds, etc.
Farming Challenges – Examples: Effects on Crops, Disease, Pests/Insects, Weeds, Weather such as flood, drought, tornado, etc.
Conservation - Conservation technology in action, can be cover crops, and no-till, nutrient management, grass waterways, buffers, wildlife, pollinator protection, sustainable agriculture.
- Share with your Facebook friends to gain more likes and increase your ranking while also showing those who reside outside of farming communities authentic images of rural life. Make sure you keep up with our Facebook page.
- Shoot your photo at the maximum resolution your camera will allow and submit that original without cropping, compressing or reducing the size.
- Be safe. Photos of unsafe farm practices will be eliminated.
- Don't wait to enter, minimum resolution requirements may take longer to upload.
Judges consider quality, relevance, composition, resolution and social media likes. Judges' decisions are final.
Submission ends November 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM CST. Voting closes December 31, 2020 11:59:59 PM CST .
Winners will be announced on January 31, 2021.